- When thinking about life insurance, consider three realities:
- Life insurance is one of the most complicated financial products available today.
- Most people do not like to think about life insurance, and like drafting a will, often procrastinate in addressing this topic.
- The life insurance industry is dominated by commission-based providers.
- Even the most well-intentioned insurance agents suffer from an inherent conflict of interest because they are compensated based on what they sell.
- Without an advocate that is looking out for their best interests, insurance consumers are at the mercy of their insurance agents and the companies represented by those agents.
- Consumers have few places to turn to for unbiased advice.
At-a-Glance: Fee-Only Life Insurance Advice